Saturday 29 December 2012

Ode to M

M always does this to me. She fills me up with love from across the world, leaving me heartbroken. She fills the vacuum between us with poetry and music. She did it across the bed-post, she's doing it across continents and I have reason to believe that she will continue to do so for as long as distance separates us. She builds bridges across the boundaries. She'll move swiftly and silently across stretches of land, she'll dive into oceans, always saving me. She is my saviour, my knight in shining armour.

She is the light of my muse and the might of my quill. She is the writer of my words, she is the reader of my words. She sees me through the smoke.


This one's for you M. This is the long overdue 'Ode to M' I promised you. I love and miss you more than the 'girl who reads' can write.


A musical flame, as smoke fills the air,
Your misty thoughts leaving you, bare.
Your insides are colliding, empty sounds,
Smoke engulfs, embrace your wounds.

Drowning in the smoke, feel the pain,
You're losing, this wasn't yours to gain.
Drenched now, a victim of the haze,
Share this moment, meet her gaze.

Music and lyrics, whisper in the night,
Time to surrender, you put up a fight.
Within you a vacuum, within without,
She'll dive in and save you, just shout.



No comments:

Post a Comment